Madison: Story of the lost history of a President’s black family
On this interview, we talk to Bettye Kearse, author of “The Other Madisons”, a book about the black descendants of US President James Madison 1809-1817. During his lifetime President Madison had an affair with an enslaved black woman, which was common at the time, and had a son. Our guest is here to document the bloodline of James Madison, how she traced the history, and discuss being black in the USA.
This book does not only serve as a history book, it is also a call for black pride. Its a call to remember who we are as black people, how we built this nation, and how we can find peace in the storm of racism.
Guest: Author, Bettye Kearse
Bettye Kearse was born in Tucson, Arizona and grew up in Northern California. She has a B.A. in Genetics from the University of California at Berkeley, a Ph.D. in Biology from New York University, and an M.D. from Case Western Reserve University.
Book: The Other Madisons – The Lost History of a President’s Black Family
Knowing our history is part of how we get to know ourselves.
With all the things we have going on in our lives today, we may not have the time to do the things we need to do. Shopping may be one of them.
These are the reasons you would be better off by using Shipped.
Join Shipped today and get a 10% discount on your annual membership!
- Access to the supermarkets, drug stores, and big box stores in your rea.
- You get your own personal shopper wo will be in contact with you throughout the shopping trip.
- Exalent customer service and free quick delivery.
Join the CCL Newsletter!
Get the latest articles, spotlights, events and free gifts!
Become a member of Core Confidence LifeWhen you become a member of Core Confidence Life, you will be able to...
- Comment on articles
- Read in dept articles not available to the general public
- Get free and discounted Core Confidence classes and downloadable courses
- Free members only events
- Access to archived podcasts
- Access to other special podcasts and audio entertainment